Prior to going, we needed to pick up my car from work and then we met up at home. In the midst of notifying the parents...I couldn't get in touch with my Mom, so I called my sister Amy. She knew we had an appointment so she answered the phone "is everything okay?" which in turn, made the faucet go off again and I began balling "No!" and went to town about everything. She then calmed me down...and she assured me she would get in touch with my Mom.
After arriving home, I begged Sean if I could take a quick shower- just in case they look at all possibilities, I wanted to at least be fresh. So, in and out of the shower I went!
Sean promised that we would make the most of this trip- for crying out loud this was our trail run- does Sean really know how to get there? In which, he knew the general area- but he also drove like a grandpa...so, I had to say- given the real thing- you better drive faster! I kid you not though- all the drivers around us were going super slow- as if they were on a Sunday afternoon drive...so I don't blame him.
Shortly later, we arrived into the hospital. Once we arrived, we followed the signs to OB ER and signed in. After doing all of the insurance information, we were quickly set up on monitors to monitor my BP continuously every 15 minutes, and watch Connor's heartbeat...and my contractions. This lasted for two long hours- if not longer. The first part was fun, Sean was pretending he was on a boat in the chair he was sitting in and sang "row, row, row your boat". Just watching Sean look at the numbers to make sure everything was okay and telling me about the contractions, it was fun...then slowly as time passed, I was getting more and more uncomfortable; all I wanted to do was roll to a side- even put my legs up. But since I was hooked to the monitors, I couldn't. To top it all off, I had to use the bathroom as well. So, I begged Sean to go out and pretend he had to go to the bathroom; I was confident the nurses had forgotten about us. Shortly after him going out, he came back in and I realized I was really thirsty as well and wondered if I could get something to drink?!?! So, Sean went to ask the nurses and low and behold they were reviewing my chart, blood labs, and paperwork. Within 5 minutes, the Dr. came in and basically told us what we thought- EVERYTHING looked fine...even my BP. They also sent me home wanting a 24 hour test to check my kidneys- so I will drop that off tomorrow evening at the hospital. We have come to learn that I very well may have "white coat syndrome" which is nerves when going to the Dr. As for Connor's heart rate dropping, I also moved my legs upward to get more comfortable in the office which I think made his heart rate go a bit wacky.
Through the whole ordeal, all I could think about it...I won't be induced yet- I don't have a pedi, car seat and need more belly pictures...not to mention our bags aren't packed yet! So, needless to say, we have a few things on our 'list' to complete. Not to mention, it would be great to make it to the shower!

1 comment:
Hang in there McGuinness's and baby Connor! Very very glad everyone is doing ok. I have white coat syndrome, too. Usually they take my BP once, then take it again before I leave the office to get a more accuate reading. Let me know if you need help with anything, like packing bags or whatever. :-) Hang in there Connor, not much longer!
Post a Comment