So, with me in 'limbo' right now so to speak not knowing if I have too much fluid, or if I just have a big baby inside of me; I decided to google and see what other woman like myself are going through. And let me tell you they all ended up having happy, healthy, LARGE babies. Now, I have a birth plan in mind, it's to go all natural; we shall see if that is the case once the time comes, but I can't imagine going all natural with a 10-pound baby! So, here's what I found...
~It's far too late in your pregnancy to have your EDD changed. More than likely, your practitioner will follow your growth, and later may decide that baby is big enough and (most importantly) healthy enough to maybe induce a little early. Be happy in knowing that the most common reason in newly measuring large this late in pregnancy is usually that baby is a little larger than average. If you were negative for gestational diabetes, and your practitioner says that everything is OK, then enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and expect a happy, healthy baby!
~I completely understand where you're coming from here. At my 32 week appointment I was told I was measuring 35 weeks. This, my midwife said, was that is was likely due to this being my second pregnancy and things get a bit more stretched out more quickly. If your doctor or midwife isn't concerned, I really wouldn't worry. You could just be like me or possibly have a larger baby. One way to also check is ask to see what your ultrasound said. If your baby is on track for what your due date says, then you're golden. If not, then you may possibly be a bit further along than you thought. But if you are concerned, a chat with your doctor or midwife is never amiss.
~It's not likely to be a due date issue but rather that you are having a large baby. I passed two glucose tests with flying colors, the last at 28 weeks, but starting measuring big at 30 weeks. I had an ultrasound at 33 weeks that showed a large baby and a "generous" amount of amniotic fluid. Because of those two indications, I retested for glucose and was found to have gestational diabetes -- unusual to develop that late in pregnancy. Now I'm on track to have about a 9 pound baby. If you're measuring large, and can have an ultrasound, it's worth it. It may indicate a sugar issue or you're just lucky to have a big, healthy baby!
I guess all I can do is wait until Tuesday and then a several more weeks until delivery...time will tell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment