Yesterday I went for my Dr.'s appointment, and it was to be expected as a quick appointment, measure the belly, pee in a cup, take my BP, weight, and as simple as that; done! It was even one of those appointments when I told Sean, "really, you don't have to come, if you don't want to". I have learned, I just jinx myself when I tell Sean it's okay that he misses the appointments...the last time I told him that; the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat, made much unneeded commentary, and well, she got a new nurse to find the heartbeat. Boy, I was glad Sean didn't listen and came to that appointment...and was I ever glad he was there yesterday too!
They asked me about the baby's movement; and I mentioned that he wasn't so active the past 3 days; very faint movements; not like the jabs that I was used to. So, they were proactive and attached a monitor to my belly and I got to hear Connor's heartbeat for 20 minutes. This is considered to be a 'stress test'. So, I laid there ever so thankful that Sean was there to keep me occupied; because if he wasn't my mind would have been all over the place.
Also, the Dr. ordered another ultrasound...this will be our 4th ultrasound. The reason for the ultrasound is to check the size and fluid amount for the baby. My belly measurement has been off EACH time. You see, the belly should measure the amount of weeks you are. Well, the first time we were measured, it was off by 2cm, 2nd time 3cm, and now 4cm...which means 4 weeks. Now, I don't think I am further along by 4 weeks; further along; yes....but not 4 weeks. So, they are concerned with the fluid and again taking a proactive approach to get a glimpse in there.
Sean and I left the appointment with an understanding of everything; but then as time passes, a million questions are popping into our heads. We are sure that everything will workout just fine.
Some stats on yesterday's appointment:
BP: 126/82 (lowest it's been for me in a LONG time- yahoo!)
Weight: Didn't gain anything in the 2 weeks; yay!
Fundal measurement: 33cm
Actual amount of weeks: 28 weeks, 5 days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Whew! Quite the appointment! Glad you had company and Sean has been able to go to every appointment. Hoping baby Connor's next pictures show a happy healthy boy ready to come meet the world. We are anxious to meet him! :-)
Post a Comment