We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

29 weeks; 5 days!

I just wanted to take a moment and update you all on the appointment today.  We went in and had an ultrasound to check the amount of fluid around the baby and the baby's measurements. They wanted to be sure everything was okay so they took the proactive approach to measure everything.   Let me tell you; this was the 4th ultrasound, and seeing his chubby cheeks was AWESOME!  They measured his:
~Head, measured 32 weeks. 
~His arms, measured 31 weeks.  
~His weight is measuring 3lbs, 10oz.   
~My fundal measurement (my belly) is measuring to be 34 weeks. 
~I was on the "high end of normal" for fluid, but they are not concerned.  
~My BP 133/76...which is down from my earlier appointments...yay!
~Weight; gained 1 pound in the last 3 weeks.
They are not going to change the due date (they don't do that)...so, I guess I am still to say that I am shy of 30 weeks (this Thursday I will be 30 weeks).   I did ask "since Sean and I are planners, what should we expect"; and he said around 38-39 weeks, if I am uncomfortable, and as long as everything looks good, they can induce; but again....time will tell. Amy & Dad...if I am 31 weeks; (which is my gut) that means July 21st would be 40 weeks...we would be right with that date! Again, time will tell. 

The picture doesn't do much justice from what the screen was showing...as soon as she pushed down further on my belly for his face, I said "Ohh my gosh- look at those chubby cheeks!"  Big head, chubby cheeks, lucky me! (Yikes).  In summary, I am going to have a big baby! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

My husband was 11 lbs 13 oz when he was born.. yeah, I'm kind of terrified of that gene pool floating around inside of me. So, I feel your pain about the big baby.

I can't wait to see your little angel!!! Keep enjoying this time while he's cookin' the rest of his life will go so fast.