The moment finally came and now it's time to share. It was 9:00am and Sean and I had already had a rough morning!!! We were both anxious and excited to get out the door, and I took my new prenatal vitamins as Sean threw me some water and then a caffiene free coke so the sugars would make the baby move.
On our way out of the driveway, we received a phone call from my Mom to wish us luck. We then, got to the stop light; and BAM! It hit! I felt so sick. I said; "Sean, I think I am going to throw up" he then says to me; "Lynsey, you have no reaction time, so you need to let me know what I need to do!!" Of course, I didn't want to stop to puke as I was anxious to get to McD's for their breakfast (you have to admit; once in a while; their breakfast is good!) Then, it REALLY hit; "Sean pull over!!" There, on the side of a parking lot; I threw up. This is now my second trimester; and I am puking now twice. What is going on?!?! Well, after I threw up; I felt SOO much better; I hopped back into the car as if nothing happened. Sean on the other hand...he was like; "uhmm...now I think I am sick!". He was fine, of course. And, I figured it was probably because of the mixture of pop and new vitamin (it was a gel pill).
We made it to McDonald's and got some yummy food. I tell you, they have the best OJ. It was nice to sit there and talk about "the unknown" one last time.
Afterwards, it was 10 minutes till 9 and we arrived at the Dr.'s. We sat there (still laughing at me getting sick in the car) and anxious to know the measurements & what the babies sex was. They called my name and minutes later I had that jelly stuff on my belly and measuring everything.
The due date is still set for July 30th; the arms, head, etc are all measuring well. There was one tiny concern on the heart....the ultrasound couldn't get a good enough picture of it; let alone be able to see all 4 chambers so in 4 weeks, I will go back for another ultrasound. The Dr. didn't seem too terribly concerned because I am healthy, and everything else is looking fine, but in 4 weeks he will give us the green light or send us to a specialist. He did say there was no need to cause concern. While measuring the arms and legs; the ultrasound technician mentioned; I am going to measure the extremeties now. As she went from the arms down to the legs, I saw his little penis there on the screen. I knew it! I then hit Sean, in a "ha, ha, I was right" kind of thing; but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to interupt the lady doing her job. Then, when she said, would you like to know what you are having...I wasn't one bit shocked to hear 'It's a BOY!" Sean did get a little teary eyed with the news...I of course, competive one was just proud I was right!
And, now the drum roll please...Connor Michael's photo shoot!!!
(Face looking at us!)
On our way out of the driveway, we received a phone call from my Mom to wish us luck. We then, got to the stop light; and BAM! It hit! I felt so sick. I said; "Sean, I think I am going to throw up" he then says to me; "Lynsey, you have no reaction time, so you need to let me know what I need to do!!" Of course, I didn't want to stop to puke as I was anxious to get to McD's for their breakfast (you have to admit; once in a while; their breakfast is good!) Then, it REALLY hit; "Sean pull over!!" There, on the side of a parking lot; I threw up. This is now my second trimester; and I am puking now twice. What is going on?!?! Well, after I threw up; I felt SOO much better; I hopped back into the car as if nothing happened. Sean on the other hand...he was like; "uhmm...now I think I am sick!". He was fine, of course. And, I figured it was probably because of the mixture of pop and new vitamin (it was a gel pill).
We made it to McDonald's and got some yummy food. I tell you, they have the best OJ. It was nice to sit there and talk about "the unknown" one last time.
Afterwards, it was 10 minutes till 9 and we arrived at the Dr.'s. We sat there (still laughing at me getting sick in the car) and anxious to know the measurements & what the babies sex was. They called my name and minutes later I had that jelly stuff on my belly and measuring everything.
The due date is still set for July 30th; the arms, head, etc are all measuring well. There was one tiny concern on the heart....the ultrasound couldn't get a good enough picture of it; let alone be able to see all 4 chambers so in 4 weeks, I will go back for another ultrasound. The Dr. didn't seem too terribly concerned because I am healthy, and everything else is looking fine, but in 4 weeks he will give us the green light or send us to a specialist. He did say there was no need to cause concern. While measuring the arms and legs; the ultrasound technician mentioned; I am going to measure the extremeties now. As she went from the arms down to the legs, I saw his little penis there on the screen. I knew it! I then hit Sean, in a "ha, ha, I was right" kind of thing; but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to interupt the lady doing her job. Then, when she said, would you like to know what you are having...I wasn't one bit shocked to hear 'It's a BOY!" Sean did get a little teary eyed with the news...I of course, competive one was just proud I was right!
And, now the drum roll please...Connor Michael's photo shoot!!!
(Face looking at us!)
(Forearm and hand; he's waving 'Hello!')

(No, folks that's not his arm poking out; 'It's a BOY!' for sure!)

4 comments:
Yay! :-)
your word is hugle, the baby wants hugs! hehe
awwww... that's a great story: funny and sweet all at the same time. Congrats on the boy. :)
You are sooo cute! "Connor Michael's photo shoot!" I'm still sticking to my earlier comment on when he comes home late the first time.. lol. I'm not saying congratulations to you again, cause I think I've passed the legal limit on that. So instead, I'm soooo happy for you guys!!! And...when you started that puking story, all I could think of was that other story of the simultaneous puking, gload that wasn't the case. Nate is looking forward to playing with legos and other "boy" toys. He was really looking for an excuse for him and Sean. Way to go Lynsey! Since, I always write a BOOK, this is no exception. I'm excitd you're keeping this blog. I read it everyday, as you know :) Keep the good news coming! Hugz!! And...I'll be purchasing a baby OSU jersey for you. It was either that or a cheerleading outfit ;) He can wear it with pride!!
Whoops...I meant to put my name in there, as if you couldn't tell who wrote it....
Anyways...I'm the anonymous one!
Post a Comment