We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My winning bet...

Yes, Sean and I had a bet on who would be right with boy or girl....the winner got to choose what they wanted to do for a day. This day was also to celebrate hitting our halfway mark of 20 weeks as well. As you all know, I won....it's a boy! So, I picked lunch at my favorite restaurant (Texas Roadhouse) and outlet shopping!!!

We set out last Sunday with nothing but blue skies. It was so great. When we arrived at the outlet shopping mall, I had three stores in mind- ALL BABY STORES I may add. We shopped around holding hands from store to store and then it HIT....we bought WAY too many clothes for little Connor. (I may add that he will be a stylin little guy). We know that people will be buying him clothes as well, but we knew we wanted to pick out our own including the take home outfit, baptism outfit, and well, who could resist the clearance rack for next years Valentine's Day!?! As you can see I think WE may have gone overboard!.

Here's how it all happened in detail; as one can imagine; guys don't like to shop, right? Well, the soon-to-be Daddy who's thrilled beyond words about his little boy...had his arms filled with clothes from just the first store! As we walked into the last store, Sean stopped and made us agree that this would be THE LAST STORE that we buy any clothes from for at least....a month! lol. A month; heck, I can wait that long! Then, Sean said....maybe actually this better be the LAST STORE we buy clothes at until we meet the little guy. So, as we browsed the racks...I agreed and said that we couldn't buy anymore....then, Sean...said, yes, we need to focus on baby furniture! (Sure enough, as soon as I got home I went online shopping for baby furniture I didn't buy anything though).

After all of our shopping, we drove and got some ice cream and ate it outside even though it's still a little cold. After ice cream, Sean wanted to go look for baby furniture...I of course wanted to go and share with my Mom all of the clothes we bought...so, we did. Once we arrived at my Mom's house; I hit a wall and was tired; so we went home and relaxed. It was such a nice day to spend with my husband!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I bet he will be one well dressed, handsome little guy! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm looking forward to shopping for him, too!

Anonymous said...

I hope Sean managed to sneak an Ohio State jersey in there for Connor :)
I'm glad you won the bet and had such a nice day out. It was good to see you last night!
With your money from McGuinness squares you can buy even more things for the baby!!!