Do you remember as a child that your Mom would correct you telling you that what you just said was "inappropriate" and you shouldn't say what is on your mind? Well, the joys of pregnancy are great; it's fun having people ask boy or girl, names, share their fun stories, etc. However, today is the day where I am about to scream at the next person who asks me when am I going to be due...and when I answer simply with "July" they FREAK out on me "Are you having twins?" "Wow, is there a tiger in there?" "Ohh, you poor thing come summer!". Needless to say, I didn't share July 30th with them!
So, after hearing this comment two times today, I turn to my quick whit 70 year old employee and asked him..."Okay Al, I need to have something to come back with"...so, without missing a beat he told me that I should pretend I have no clue what these people are talking about...due? huh? what? I laughed and about 20 minutes later; bamn; sure enough another woman proclaims she hasn't seen me in a while and thought maybe I would have delivered. (My instant thought was I'M ONLY HALF WAY!!!) That's when Al chimed in..."delivered...what pizza?" I started rolling on the ground (not really) with laughter, totally disregarding this woman. My other employee, Chelsey chimed in and was like; "ohh; is she pregnant?" It was great to have support from my staff members who could take such frustration and turn it around to laughter.
By the way, I will not be wearing that same outfit ever AGAIN!

1 comment:
Hahaha, your co-workers are awesome! Glad they have your back. You look great!
Post a Comment