We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

4 months & Halloween

4 months! (okay, a little late for the update!) But, I'm so happy! Connor is so happy! We are just plain a happy family! At 4 months, Connor is...
  • belly laughing
  • reaching for items...that go straight to his mouth!
  • He recognizes Mom & Dad
  • talking/cooing up a storm
  • Every morning when I get him from his crib, he simultaneously flaps his arms, kicks his legs and smiles at me!
  • Likes to cuddle from time to time, literally snuggle up with me nestling his head on my shoulder and neck!
  • He LOVES his baths still; and now splashes like a fool (of course I let him)
  • Eating cereal at night; but only if I add something for taste
  • He falls asleep on his own (he's done this from the very beginning, but I have failed to share how proud I am for him doing this; makes my life so easy!)

Connor's FIRST Halloween!

For Halloween, we took him around to local relatives and did some trick or treating. Connor was a little tired and slept through some of it; but all in all, he again, won the hearts of the family members! He had two costumes (Nana Denise's doing; she loves Halloween) and sported the pumpkin costume for the actual event! The above pumpkin was from when we went pumpkin picking; it's "Connor's pumpkin", he carved it himself....okay, Dad helped!
Here was Connor when we went pumpkin picking...this is him sticking out his tongue which he loves to do!

Motherhood is so much more than I thought it would be; but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I know that this blog started out about pregnancy and then went into a blog for Connor, but I still want to make a mention of this post partum for me. I am happy to have "my body" back so to speak, but I would love to have my clothes back! I'm really trying to lose this extra weight so with the next pregnancy (in future years) I can start out at a better weight....but not only that, I want to be able to do silly things with Connor; be healthy enough for him. So, since I'm nursing, I must focus on gradual, slow weight loss; which is so far successful, but stressful because I would like to blink my eyes and it all be gone! I will say with future pregnancies; I am going to make a goal to gain as little as needed!! (Sorry, I had to share that; so in the future when I refer back to this, I can remember how I feel!)

I LOVE being a wife & mom...I am rewarded everyday with kisses & hugs from Sean...and smiles from Connor...In my wildest dream I never thought I could be this happy and I am so wishing I could hit that pause button, but soaking up as much of this as I can. Now...off to do laundry!

No comments: