Our first Doctors appointment was on December 9th. I was so nervous as we were arriving because Sean was coming in with me and let's face it a guy in the OBGYN's waiting room has got to be slim; so that's what I thought! When we walked in; I saw 4 other fathers- to-be waiting their with their wife. Finally, deep breath. We then waited a bit, then the nurse called out my name. It was time for the ultrasound. It was just about 3 minutes later, our little bundle of joy was on the monitor, a little circle that had a heartbeat. Surprisingly, neither Sean or I cried...but it sure was a surreal moment.
After the ultrasound, we went in to see the nurse and she took my blood pressure, some blood, and asked us a few questions. Nothing too terrible, but for some reason I was still on the edge of my seat with anticipation about this amazing dream of having a child and how it's come true. I was so excited I guess, it showed in my BP as well; it was threw the roof. We finally talked with the Dr. and was given a bag of magazines, prenatal vitamin samples, and other reading materials. Seans' comment of the bag of free stuff was "it's like we are getting our race packet for the half marathon again". All I could do was laugh. At the conclusion of the appointment, we went to set up the next appointment, and the doctor gave me a hug in congratulations! Both Sean and I thought that was great! I am so happy with my doctor.

No comments:
Post a Comment