We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Saturday, January 10, 2009

How we found out...

I wanted to find a place to log this wonderful experience of expecting a child, so I thought I would create a new blog, dedicated just for the pregnancy.  

I guess first thing is first, after much consideration, Sean and I both decided that we would attempt to make an addition to our family.   The first month of us trying, I thought for sure I was pregnant; I had several of the symptoms, but flo showed up.   We were both pretty upset, but still optimistic to continue to try...since I have been treated for endometriosis for since I was 17 (dealing with it since I was 13)...we were hoping this wouldn't be a long road of trying with fertility drugs and surgery, but if we had to; we were both game to do whatever we had to.

Since I was on the pill since I was 17; and on it constant for the last year I had no clue how long my actual cycle was.  However, we guessed it was 33 days after one period; and for flo to show up again on November 18th.  It was a Tuesday, November 18th and Sean and I were both watching 'The Biggest Loser' and I asked Sean to count the days since I was late.   And, apparently, I figured the dates wrong and should have started on the 15th.  I begged Sean for me to go take the EPT tests that we had purchased.  He said fine; even though he wanted me to wait until the morning.  We were both apprehensive on taking the test because of how sad we were after the first month.   However, I took the test promising that I wouldn't look until our show was over. 

We both walked to the bathroom together holding hands, me leading.  I looked down and saw two lines!!!  I was shocked, and the first thing out of my mouth was "That line has never been there before".   Sean quickly grabbed the instructions and read outloud "one line may be fainter then the other"...which was our case.  Tears started flowing for me; and Sean had to sit down.  We both sat on the couch and talked about; setting up a Dr.'s visit, telling our parents, and on and on and on...we were both so happy.   So, happy, that I had to pee again!  Sean asked me to take another one just to be sure...so, I did.  Positive.  He also asked me to take the final test in the morning...that one was positive too!   
For the first few days, I walked around with smiles ear to ear....then, maybe around the 4th day, I was dumbfounded by the whole thing; I had no symptoms whatsoever and basically walked around with the three tests by my side....I even slept one night with them on the floor next to me. 

No comments: