Tomorrow will mark my first Mother's Day!! Last year, I was pregnant with Connor and well, low and behold- even all the sacrifices you give to your body- I was told...not Mother's Day quite yet (Although, at brunch the guy did give me a rose and wished me a Happy Mother's Day).
This year, I can see how I wasn't a 'Mother' last year, this year, I'm still sacrificing just about as much with my body since I'm nursing and well; I get even less sleep and feel just about the same tiredness...but this year; I have smiles given to me every morning when I approach the crib. As I sit here at the computer; I get a little glare just to make sure I'm still here and I haven't left. I get belly laughs just by being silly- This year, I get to be called "mama" by the most precious little voice learning to talk!
Being a Mom isn't one special day- everyday he has brought me such joy and happiness that I can't explain. I love being a Mommy and I wouldn't trade a full nights sleep or anything for him- he's the best!
Love you Connor!
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know I am late but Happy First Mother's Day!
Post a Comment