We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Friday, January 29, 2010

7 months

I can't beleive my baby is seven months old....his first birthday will be here before I know it!

Connor has been such a wonderful blessing and is so incredibly happy.  He belly laughs at his Dad, just by Sean walking into the room.

No matter what I've read and done, I always thought "my baby will sleep through the night right away" I mean, I LOVE my sleep, I would be damned if my baby didn't sleep.  Well, low and behold, he's seven months and STILL not sleeping through the night.  The past two nights were pretty good; BUT, the prior two weeks have been very rough!  I even, in the middle of the night with snow coming down; I put him in the car for a car ride.  You would think he would fall asleep, instead, he blew raspberries and coo'd.  I laughed.  I do try to treasure these middle of the night wakings, knowing he won't be waking up in the middle of the night forever.  I've just come to realize that he's going to be a very active boy!  Even when he's awake from 1-4am, he's still such a good baby the next day.  Ohh, and you may be thinking; try not to give him naps during the day...he doesn't nap either...he's always on the GO!  I lay him down and he may sleep for 45 minutes.

I love being a Mom.  It's been such a wonderful feeling and I am so proud of everything Connor has accomplished.   He's on the smaller side still; about 17lbs, in the 25% for weight.  I am also aware that indeed he will do things on his own time...we are still waiting for him to roll from back to belly.  I will say that I am happy that he does get on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth...too cute!  I never knew how much love I could have for him.

Yesterday, Connor had his second series of the flu shot.  The Dr put it in his thigh and Connor gave a furrowed brow look a tiny whimper no longer then one second and then gave this look like "hey, buddy, what the heck are you doing?"  He then looked at me, and then...smiled!  I told Sean this story and Sean laughed and stated, "our kid is the best, we better try not to compare the next babies to Connor, because we don't think we could get another kid like Connor, he's amazingly funny!"

His newest trick: shakes his head "no"!  It's hilarious!  He also claps and talks up a storm...we are waiting for the first words to start to come.

I think I've rambled enough for now....off to teach this kid to roll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can say that all that Lynsey wrote about Connor is true! He does do the belly laugh when Dad walks in the room! He is so much fun to watch grow! Thanks for sharing the journey!