We are so in love with a little boy named...Connor!

Lilypie

Thursday, July 30, 2009

My baby shower...

Okay so the baby shower was June 20th- yes, a very long time ago it seems, and I am just now getting around to posting about it. but you see, I feel that this post was long in the making and the subject matter needs to be shared. Let's just start off with, I don't like surprises...but this one was amazing- caught me 100% off guard and I couldn't beleive my eyes. The morning of my shower, I actually lost my mucas plug- had lots on my mind and
well; needless to say got really mad when Sean tried to stall me- I proclaimed "I don't care if the room isn't ready, I HATE to be late". I then started to cry...(got to love those hormones). Well, I entered a bit late and a few guests were already there....I then became in a bit overwhelmed. But, tried to make the most if it. The room looked great, beautiful flowers on the table with little lady bugs on the flowers (which symbolizes my grandma). Everyone entered and I greeted everyone; then it was time to let the shower begin.

My aunt welcomed everyone; then asked for everyone to stand up and leave...so they could play the "Momisms game". So they all left, but Sean, my nephews and I. We sat there waiting for everyone to come back in...which they did- they all formed a single file line, and had a mask of a TV mom covering their faces; as they recited something their Mom used to say...like, "did you break the cement when you fell down?" or "it will heal before you get married". Well, I listened and then for some reason, I wondered; 'who would be last'- would it be my mom? Then, I see the end of the line; there was my Mom....but someone else behind her....someone in a cute summer dress- that I wasn't reconginzing...could it be my sister- all the way from Washington- No...it couldn't be....could it? Then, the reveal- it indeed was MY SISTER...here was my reaction shortly prior to a million tears running down my face!
After that, we all had breakfast, which was really good. Then, we played a game what does Sean think about who Connor will be more like" With this, we were given a sheet with 17 questions, all of which asking questions like "Will Connor have Lynsey or Sean's eyes?" "Will Connor have Lynsey's or Sean's math ability?" So, we answered the questions, and then...there was a video- it was such a cute video of Sean answering these questions all the while he was tending to Connor (a baby doll) and answering his cell phone. It was a VERY cute video- a lot of thought put into it that is for sure!

We then opened presents, had some cake...and enjoyed everyones company. Amy had to leave the next day, so we relished in what time we had together- and yes, there indeed were tears at the airport!

No comments: